Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer Hair Care

Summer is my favorite time of the year! It unofficially arrives pretty early here in Texas too! We don't even need to heat the pools, and it's only mid-June! I have a love-hate relationship with the sun. I love the color it gives me but hate what it can do to my hair. The sun and chlorine combined can do some major damage...especially if you color your hair like I do. Add humidity to that and you have a calendar  full of bad hair days! Here are some products that have helped me. I hope you find this information useful.

I have been using this duo for about a month now.  It's the Color Vibrancy Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner by L'Oreal. I only shampoo 3-4 times each week but don't want my color to fade. In the shower, I wash my hair first. Then, I apply the conditioner, clip my hair up and continue my shower. The last thing I do is rinse out my conditioner. I find that this particular conditioner doesn't weigh my hair down. My hair feels healthier than ever, and my color really is more vibrant.

L'Oreal's Color Vibrancy Shampoo & Conditioner
Then, one of my 3-4 shampoos is followed by a deep conditioner. The one in my shower at the moment is by Vidal Sassoon. It's a one minute repair mask. It's ok, but I don't see as much of a difference as I did with the Biofusion. For more information about it, click here.  
Vidal Sassoon's One Minute Mask
Most days I dry my hair with my hair dryer to smooth it out. Before any heat styling, I always use a heat protectant. The only other product I use sometimes besides hair spray is a shine spray. I find that the more styling products I use the more my hair gets weighed down and unmanageable. 

TRESemmé Heat Protectant & Shine Spray

Summer heat and humidity can also make blow drying my hair so unappealing. That said, I try to let my hair air dry whenever I can. In the past few years, my hair texture has changed dramatically. It's gone from pretty straight to very wavy and somewhat curly. I recently picked up a sea salt spray to tame my waves/curls and love it! The only minor complaint I have is that it gives my hair a wet look after it's dry. My hair dryer doesn't have a diffuser to remedy this. (I have a Rusk Speed Freak dryer, so if you know of where I can pick up a diffuser for it, please let me know.) 

Not Your Mother's Sea Salt Spray
What are your summer hair products and/or tips? Please leave them in a comment below. 

If you haven't taken my nail polish poll yet, what are you waiting for? Giveaways to come!!

Please follow by e-mail and click the share button to share this blog with your Facebook friends too!

Random Thought of the Day: Sleep is one of the best beauty products

5 comments:

  1. Lisa, what a great beauty blog!! I am learning sooo much from reading it!! Thank y0u for sharing your knowledge with us!!! Its terrific and y0u are doing a great j0b!!! This blog is awesome!!! Karen Lubanty xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa, where can I get that Sea salt spray?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nelly, I got mine at Walgreens. It smells like summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm spending this next month in Texas too, so I feel your pain girl!! I love the Tresemme heat protectant spray! You should try the L'Oreal deep conditioner from that line but in the yellow jar. It is AMAZING!! Nice reviews!! xo

    www.the-lipglossary.com
    <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!!