Monday, June 3, 2013

MOTW - 6/2/2013 Nail Art Using Tape Tutorial

I tried a new technique for nail art. Well, it's new to me. I used scotch tape to get the look below. It's really easy, and all you need in addition to polish is the tape and some time.

Here's what you'll need:
  • Base Coat (I used Orly Bonder)
  • Base Color (I used Sinful Colors in Sunburnt - a gorgeous burnt orange)
  • Accent Color (I used Sinful Colors in All About You - a gold glitter)
  • Fast drying top coat (I used Seche's Seche Vite)
  • Scotch Tape


How to do a tape manicure: 
  1. Get your tape ready by breaking off pieces larger than your nails and applying them to your palm 3-4 times. This will get rid of a lot of the stickiness to avoid lifting your base color. Then, stick the tape on the end of your table or counter until you're ready to use it. For triangle shapes, use two pieces.
  2. Apply your base coat.
  3. Apply your base color and let dry for 10-15 minutes.
  4. Apply fast drying top coat and let dry for 20 minutes.
  5. Once your nails are dry, apply the tape to create the shape(s) you want to make using the accent color. Make sure to press the edges down for clean lines. Do one nail at a time.
  6. Apply your accent color and make sure to go over the tape to ensure coverage.
  7. Carefully and slowly remove the tape.
  8. Let dry for 10-15 minutes, so you don't smudge your design.
  9. Apply another layer of fast drying top coat, and you're done! Easy, right?
Here's my finished product:

Please show me how you recreate this if you're on Instagram by tagging me @lisaalonso23. Can't wait to see the designs you come up with!

What's on your nails this week? Please leave questions and/or comments below. Have a great week!


5 comments:

  1. Please show how you remove that glitter nail polish. I always have a problem with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THESE NAILS LOOK AMAZING, I MAY JUST GIVE IT A TRY! HAVE YOU USED GEL POLISH AT HOME YET?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I haven't tried the gel polish yet, but it's on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!!